You can tell from their faces that these children have had an early Christmas present. The children and staff at Westgate Primary School in Dartford found out last week that they had collected more tokens than any other school in our county-wide competition, so are off to see Peter Pan.
“We found out on Monday and Mr Terry made the announcement on Wednesday”, said office administrator Joanne Pioli , recalling the reaction of the children to the news. “It was very loud.”
“They’re very excited,” She added. “There’s definitely a buzz around the school. You walk past the children and they’re so excited that we won – it’s unbelievable.”
The prize includes free tickets to see the show at Maidstone Studios on Tuesday, Decemver 19, as well as the transport and ice cream for up to 300 pupils and staff.
Head teacher Daniel Terry said he had decided to take all the staff, including the office team and site manager.
“I went into assembly and said we had a surprise,” said Mr Terry. “When I told them they screamed and shouted and were jumping around. Some of them have never been to a pantomime so they were really excited and can’t wait.”
“Some of the younger ones keep asking ‘is it today?'”
He said the success was all down to the hard work of the office staff and PTA, pushing everyone to buy newspapers and fill out the coupons. “It’s a lovely way to end the term,” he added. “It will help with developing speaking and listening skills, and all fits together with drama and storytelling.”
The show features former X Factor favourites LLoyd Daniels and Amelia Lily as Peter Pan and Tinker Bell, while Hollyoaks actor James Sutton takes on the role of villain Captain Hook.
As well as the star performances, the magical pantomime will feature flying effects and all the theatrical tricks needed to enter the world of Peter Pan and the Lost Boys.
Subscribe to our Blog
- 18 Dec 2017Pupils flying high after pantomime prize winYou can tell from their faces that these children have had an early Christmas present. The children...
- 08 Mar 2017World Book Day!Westgate Primary had another successful world book day with children dressing up as their favourite...
- 20 Feb 2017Kent Messenger Victorian Sleepover ArticleWe were featured in page 15 of this weeks Kent Messenger for our Victorian Sleepover....
- 03 Feb 2017Save The Children DonationsWe raised £191 for Save the Children. We thank everyone for their support! Westgate Primary School w...
- 27 Jan 2017Photography DonationsIn association with Braiswick Photography £51.00 was raised on the % of sales of our individual phot...