At Westgate Primary School we aim to foster a feeling of community within our school. We expect all pupils to wear school uniform. We believe that it is smart, it gives the school an identity and it gives the pupil a sense of belonging.
We believe that staff are role models for pupils and should dress accordingly.
We believe that both staff and pupils should dress appropriately for the activities they are undertaking.
Our school uniform is dark green, grey and white as follows:
• Shirts and blouses – white
• Polo-shirts – white
• Trousers or shorts – grey or black
• Skirts – grey or black
• Pinafore dresses – grey
• Summer dresses – green and white, striped or checked
• Jumpers – green with school logo (available from school office)
• Cardigans – green with school logo (available from the school office)
• Socks/tights – white or grey
• Shoes – black
Code of Dress
We ask parents and carers to not send their children to school wearing:
• Unsuitable shoes eg high heels, flip flops or boots
• Branded clothes
• Beach wear eg Bermuda shorts
• Sportswear eg football or cycle shorts, shell suits or jogging bottoms
• Make up, nail varnish or excessive amounts of hair gel
• Extreme haircuts and styles
Dressing for PE
During PE it is important for reasons of hygiene and safety that pupils have a change of clothing. Pupils are required to bring plimsolls, a red, blue, green or yellow t-shirt, depending on the house they are in (available from the school office) and a pair of black shorts in a named drawstring bag.
Pupils may wear tracksuits for outdoor games in cold weather. For swimming each child will need a towel, swimsuit/swimming shorts and for girls a swim hat.
We ask parents and carers to name all items of clothing so that we can return lost property.
Art, Craft and Cookery
For some art, craft and cookery activities it is important to protect clothing. Children may be asked to provide an apron or old shirt for this purpose.
Pupils may wear watches, but we ask that jewellery is not worn for the school day. Pupils wearing jewellery will be asked to remove it. Pupils with pierced ears may wear plain gold studs, but not sleepers or pendant earrings. Any pupil wearing pierced earrings must be able to remove and replace them themselves. The safety of our children is our first priority. Kent Local Authority advises that all jewellery must be removed for PE. It would therefore be very helpful if pupils who wear stud earrings do not wear them on days when they have PE. School staff will accept no responsibility for the safe keeping of watches or jewellery.
- School Cardigans £9.50
- School Sweatshirt £8.50 – up to size 32. (34, s,m,l) £10.00
- PE House T-Shirts £4.50
- Book Bags £4.00 – Dispatch Bag (Ideal for Key Stage 2) £5.00 – PE Drawstring Bag £4.00
- Caps £3.50