Hello Yellow Day and Race for Life
At Westgate Primary School, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils and staff. Particularly at this time, but we know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
We spend time helping children to understand their emotions and feelings better.
We spend time helping children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries.
We spend time helping children socially to form and maintain relationships.
We spend time helping promote self-esteem and ensure children know that they count.
We spend time helping encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’.
We spend time helping help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks.
Our activities during Mental Health and Awareness Week included:
- ‘Race for Life Schools’ to raise money for Cancer Research UK – Being active for a great cause helps us to focus on creating a healthy mind and a healthy body.
- Yoga and meditation sessions focusing on breathing and improving a healthy mind and body in a calm way.
- A Creating Healthy Heroes fitness workout, including talking about health, nutrition and wellbeing cementing the Firefighter Fit Kids message of creating healthy heroes.
- A virtual assembly from NSPCC – Talking about Bullying and how children can ask for help.
- #HelloYellow to support young people’s mental health
- A football themed active workout with the Dartford District Football Association.
We raised an amazing £372 that we shared between During The Young Minds #Hello Yellow Day and the Cancer Research UK Race for life event we raised an amazing £372. This money was shared between the two charities! What an amazing success!
We want to thank all the children and parents of Westgate for getting involved!