School Meals are provided by Independent Catering
We believe every child needs a satisfying meal at lunchtime, fuelling them for the afternoon ahead. Nurturing the importance of a healthy and balanced diet, Independent Catering provide nutritious, innovative meals to nourish from within by ensuring that the meals that are served are wholesome.
This is done by ensuring that each meal is packed with the nutrients and vitamins, a variety of carbohydrates, protein and fibre. Independent Catering's menu is fully compliant with the School Food Standards.
All children in KS1 are entitled to Universal Free School Meals
The Chef's Zone
Independent Catering have created a series of fantastic, informative and fun videos that show how some of their meals are created and how you can make them to!
In the first video, Chef Rad shows you how Independent Catering cook their delicious Cupcakes.
There are many more that can be found here
Pupil Premium Free School Meals
Pupil premium is an allocation of additional funding used to help specific groups of children (Please see the school website to find out further details).
Is your child entitled to Pupil Premium Free School Meals?
You may apply for pupil premium free school meals if you are entitled to receive one of the following:
- Income Support (IS) - Income based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- An Income- related Employment Support Allowance (ESA(IR))
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax credit (provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, assessed by HM Revenue and Customs that from 6th April 2009 does not exceed £16,190)
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
If you fulfil any of the above criteria and wish to apply, please complete an application form using the following link:
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact the school office or your child's class teacher.
Alternatively if you have completed the Pupil Premium Eligibility section on the Admission Form we can check for you.